Wednesday, April 25, 2012

MORE Running!!


Last weekend, my sister-in-law, Kezaih, and I ran the Conquer A Cove 5k in Candler. Going back to our old stompin' grounds (Mount Pisgah Academy), we had a great time. Wanna know how we felt Monday and Tuesday after the race? Bwah-ha-ha . . . we'll never tell!!! (Actually, I'm sure if you ask, we'll spill...)

So, we started at the very front line of the race. And ended somewhere in the middle.

Becki   - 37.52 - 120th
Kezaih - 38.59 - 126th

Just one minute apart. :)  Out of 191 runners. Okay. So more towards the back of the pack than the middle, but who really cares? :) We FINISHED!!!

AND next time will be even BETTER!! Right, Kezaih? White Squirrel 5K on May 26 in Brevard!! What better way to kick off my 30th year of life than with an 8am 5K???


Pre-race "primping"
Kezaih & daughter, Maddie, & Me (Pre-race)
Kezaih and Me (still pre-race)
Kezaih and Me at the starting line (we got there plenty early...)
Annnddddd . . . GOOOOO!!!!
Me, coming up to the finish line . . . "My time isn't as good as the Turkey Trot!!!"
This was a benefit run for the Hope Center (cancer treatment center). So, we ran in memory of my mom, Gail, and in honor of her little sis, Heidi.

There was also a 1/4 mile fun run for kids . . . Nolan started out in 3rd place! (Then he ran out of steam . . . ) :)

Maddie really wants to run with us. So, we told her to start training and running now and she should be able to run the Turkey Trot this fall. That's right. Looking forward to Turkey Day already! Any of you who might be interested in running with us, let me know!! The more, the merrier!

I love to run. In fact, I just got back from the Biltmore Estate where I took a little jog this evening. Rain tried to get me and motivated me to get a move on it! I don't know if I have even run that fast at the gym! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment