Saturday, January 7, 2012

Checking 'Em Off

That's right folks! January, what? 7th? And I've already knocked out two of my resolutions!!

Painted Walls
This picture does not do the "De Ja Vu Green" justice. It's more of a green-blue color that changes with the light. I love it, so if you hate it - don't tell me. 

 Like I said, I usually forget my resolutions the day after I make them. But guess what? This year I wrote them down, told people about them, and they're GETTING DONE!!! :) One evening this week, Jonathon suggested we paint one of our rooms. Have I ever mentioned that I dread painting, but always love how it turns out (mostly when it's on other people's walls...because I don't paint)? Well, I'm mentioning it. However, I completely forgot that I made a resolution to paint the walls and enjoy it - and Jonathon helped me do just that!

Now, if he were telling this story, it would probably not sound quite as rosy. :) It took a great while for me to be happy about painting. Taping trim off is tedious (but I was determined to make it look nice). And, when I accidentally put a big scratch on the floor, right as we started, I almost had a complete meltdown. (Yes. I cry over spilled milk. It's just who I am.) But, when it was all done and we were able to take the tape off . . . WOW. New paint is just as amazing in our house as it is in everyone else's! Imagine!

And . . .
Turbo Kick Class at The Rush!
. . . Leah, Lara, & I went to a Turbo Kick class at The Rush! :) We fully intend to go to a Zumba class, but started with Turbo Kick since Leah (and maybe Lara) know the instructor from church. Felt a little more comfortable starting there. Had we known just how serious Turbo Kick is . . . we might have gone for the kids' class with Tim. :) Seriously, it was a lot of fun even if I wasn't able to keep up the first day. I've never been to an aerobics class of any kind, so it was a whole new experience. I'm a Tae-Bo, Dance-it-Off, Dance-Dance Revolution kind of girl. Instead of just turning the at-home exercise video off when I can't keep up - or rewinding to watch those tricky steps again - I just had to keep going. Flailing arms and all. I thought it was interesting how nervous I was going in, afraid that I would stand out because it was my first time. But then, when the instructor started, it was all I could do to remember that I had to watch where I kicked. I kind of forgot there were 20 or so other people in the room . . . I was concentrating so hard on following the instructions!! So, imagine my surprise when the woman next to or in front of me actually spoke directly to me!

So, I am glad that I have made resolutions this year. I am having fun trying new things with friends and learning to love old things (painting) with my wonderful husband. :)

I hope this is a sign of what's to come in 2012 . . . 'cause I'm lovin' it so far!


1 comment:

  1. you go girl. looking fantastic! it's a good feeling to check off those to do list!

    ReplyDelete