Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ringing in 2012 with purpose

So, we all make New Year's Resolutions. Many of us break them or simply don't remember them by January 2nd. For many years, mine stayed exactly the same . . . lose weight . . . and . . . get a boyfriend! :) Yeah, I know, lame. BUT, it FINALLY worked!! Well, part of it anyway . . . I got a boyfriend & then married him!

In all seriousness, this year I want to make a resolution that will be fun. Something that will not be tedious or cumbersome. Something that I will enjoy and actually look forward to. So, here we go:

Becki's New Year's Resolutions - 2012

1. Travel somewhere in the United States that I haven't traveled to before (like, maybe, Seattle!).
2. Learn to cook food that Jonathon can not only choke down, but actually enjoy.
3. Take a class at the RUSH. (That's right, Leah, I made it an official resolution!! Look out Zumba class, here we come!!)
4. Paint. The walls. And enjoy the task.

Maybe I'll add to this list, but for now, that's what I am gonna shoot for. Oh. And I want to lose weight. (Hey, I stuck with the boyfriend resolution long enough for it to happen, I'm not losing hope on this one!!) Not only do I want to lose weight, but I want to do it through lifestyle changes and not yo-yo or extreme dieting. In other words, I want to lose weight permanently.

There you go. My resolutions. Now, I challenge you to make a resolution this year that you will actually strive to make happen. Think outside your normal hum-drum resolutions! Be specific. And tell someone. Goals are more likely to be reached if they are written down.

Have a safe and happy New Year's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment