Sunday, December 11, 2011

IT GOT ME!!!

Okay, so far this year, I have been somewhat of a holiday scrooge. Not sure what brought this about, but I have just not felt in the spirit of anything holiday. Until this weekend . . . 


As of Saturday evening, I am officially in the Christmas spirit-ish. Yes, I am still working on feeling jolly and all, but we HAVE A TREE!!

Thanks to Mom, we have an artificial, pre-lit tree. Also thanks to Mom, we have lovely gold and white decorations - including predecorated evergreen branches to help fill in the infamous bare spots that artificial trees always have. So, while I decorated, Dad kept me entertained with conversation and good company (which made the task so much more enjoyable!). And viola! We have a lovely tree in our living room, just waiting for wrapped presents to jump beneath it.

I always loved these decorations that Mom used on her trees. She had several themed trees all planned out. And they always looked so perfect. I was up at my brother, Bobby's, Friday and his wife, Kezaih had done a lovely job using the rose decorations on their tree. She calls it her "Gail-tree". :) Mom would be proud . . .

Growing up, we always had a traditional tree with ornaments that we had collected over the years. I would like to work toward having a whole other tree decorated like that. Jonathon's mom gave us a box of ornaments from his childhood and I would love to use them! So, my next goal is to locate the Metzger box of Christmas ornaments and split them with Bobby. :)

So, may you all find the MERRY in Christmas and remember to spread GOOD news and tidings of GREAT JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment