(Little side note - this blog somehow got halfway erased. So, this is a reposting & is somewhat revised.)
A lovely Thanksgiving morning . . . somewhere in the mid-thirties, but sunny. Bright and early we headed to Amboy Road to get set for the Turkey Trot. As usual, I was so nervous/anxious/excited (mostly excited, I think) that I hardly slept the night before. When we got there, the parking was insane. People were already parked all along the road and up the entrance ramp to 240 . . . and it wasn't even 8:30 yet! As we made our way to the track, we passed people with numbers over 1400... Leah and I were 1112 and 1111. I think the final count came really close to 1500 runners for this year.
 |
| The Starting Line |
Quite the pack of people . . . Leah and I decided to stay together since we have been training since May for this event together. So, we finished together! Same time! 35:17
Here are a few more pics:
 |
| Me, Running-buddy Leah, Leah's bro Micah, & friend Lara |
 |
| Leah & I getting really close to the finish line . . . |
 |
| Leah & I at the finish line . . . YAAAAYYY!!! |
 |
| Me & my good friend, Cindy |
 |
| Me, Leah, Lara, Micah, & Leah's sister-in-law, Meredith |
 |
| My wonderful husband & I - he lovingly pushed me out of bed more than once at 5:30am as Leah & I met early, early to train for the big T-Trot. :) |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment