Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Blonde Joke . . .

Yes, even I can appreciate a good blonde joke. Sometimes, I even create them . . .

* * *

A blonde is flying in a two-seater plane when the pilot has a massive heart attack and dies. The blonde, being a quick thinker, calls "May-day" on the radio, confident that someone will hear her and be able to save her.

crackle . . . pop . . . 

"This is the tower. How can I help you?" came a voice from the radio.

Filled with the hope of being saved, the blonde replied, "Oh, thank goodness! I am flying in an airplane and the pilot just died! Please help me, I don't know how to fly a plane and I am the only passenger!!"

The calm voice from the radio replied, "No, problem ma'am. Just try to remain calm. I have helped hundreds of people in your situation safely land the airplane. Now, what is your height and position?"

Confidently, the blonde informed the tower of her height and position. "I'm 5'4 and in the front seat!"

Here, the radio went momentarily silent . . . making the blonde a little nervous . . . and then . . . 

"Okay. Repeat after me - Our Father, who art in Heaven . . . "

* * *

Here is my contribution to this joke:

My co-worker, Rhonda, read this joke aloud to me from her email. Listening intently from the other side of the cubicle wall and waiting for the punchline, when she stopped talking after the last line I said:

"Oh, wait! Am I supposed to repeat that?!"

Rhonda, who is ever so patient with me, "Um, no, Becki. The tower was trying to tell the blonde she was gonna die . . . "

And, feeling the pain of the blonde in the joke, "OH! I get it!!!" Pause. " You know, they really shouldn't make blonde jokes so hard!!"

Yeah. We laughed. Everyone in Rhonda's contact list laughed. And on days like today, when customers come in and share a funny joke with us, they also get to share in the laugh. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment