Monday, November 7, 2011

Reaching the finish line . . .

The excitement of beginning something new . . .
The (sometimes painful) progress made by hard work and endurance . . .
The relief and sheer joy upon completion of your goal . . .

. . . I am starting to like this goal stuff . . .

I have been working on a couple of goals lately. One of them is to get qualified to apply to the Nursing program at AB Tech this fall. In order to do that, I had to complete the Nurse Aide class and pass the NC Nurse Aide exam before November 18, the last day to apply to the Nursing program for Fall 2012.

As you may or may not know, I completed the Nurse Aide class on October 7th and have been anxiously awaiting my state exam. Well, that exam was this past Saturday. I PASSED!!! Woohoo!! :) I don't quite know how to express my joy at being able to complete that goal. (Especially after getting completely unnerved during the exam when demonstrating my ability to take blood pressure.) I put so much time and effort into getting into the class and completing it successfully before the deadline, that I would have been devastated if I did not pass the state exam - it would have meant moving my education goals back an entire year. So, PRAISE GOD that I passed the state exam the first time. :)

So, by November 18, I will have applied to the Nursing program and been assigned a date to take the TEAS (the placement test required to enter the Nursing program). By December 22, I will have taken the TEAS. Then the waiting begins. The letter of acceptance or rejection goes out in March of 2012.

In the meantime, I look forward to passing an actual finish line in the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day. Leah and I have been planning, training, and running together with the primary goal being to finish the Turkey Trot with a decent time. Our secondary goal? To look fabulous, of course! So if you don't have anything to do on the morning of T-day, feel free to come out and cheer us on! (Or at least meet us at the finish line!!)


1 comment:

  1. Wohoo!! Although if they just want to stay in bed and just see our airbrushed pics afterward I am good with that too. :)

    ReplyDelete