Friday, October 28, 2011

What's wrong with this picture?


Yep, you guessed it. The big one's missing!! I've been told it happens to a lot of people . . . losing their diamonds. I only hoped it would never happen to me! Literally. I mean, I was emptying the dishwasher or dryer just in the last few days, smashed my ring into the edge of the door & thought "Hmmm . . . that's probably not too good for that setting. Probably should have it checked to make sure it's still tight. Sure would hate to lose my diamond!" That's what I get for not having it checked, right?

This evening, I was sitting on the couch at my grandma's visiting with her as I normally do once a week. Suddenly, I realized that the ring I was spinning around my finger was missing one very large, important part. Gasping, "Oh MY GOSH!!" stopped my grandma mid-story. We immediately began searching for my diamond from my engagement ring - which apparently was lost setting and all. Fortunately, it did not take me as long to locate my missing diamond as it did for us to locate Jonathon's wedding band several months back. (Hours and a metal detector rental later . . . success!) I had just washed and dried my gym clothes, so I started unfolding everything carefully.  I got to my socks - lo and behold! There it was! I had folded my socks together - the diamond was tucked inside my folded socks! I am SO thankful it decided to disappear tonight instead of say . . . while running on the treadmill at the gym . . . or any other time, really.






So, I guess I'll be visiting Parker's Karat Patch in the morning for a little repair work.

Thank God for little miracles. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, that was a scarey moment I know. glad you found it though!

    ReplyDelete