Monday, September 12, 2011

Used Car Salesmen

So, we've recently entered the market for a used car. Which means we have to deal with used car salesmen (or buy from a private party - which would be preferable). Groan . . . sigh . . . gag . . . right? :) Well, tonight we went to see about buying a car and the salesman gave us the usual spiel. Am I the only one that wants to jump down the salesman's throat when he throws the same old, overused cliches at you?

"I mean, we've gotta make money on this - we can't just give it away!"

"We won't get another car like this for . . . probably a year."

"The bank will finance more than that!" (Said after our offer to purchase at a couple thousand less than they had the car marked...at a buy here/pay here lot...)

After twenty-five minutes of bartering, we walked away. The guy's eggplant parmesan was getting cold and we really hated to keep him from his dinner.

Now, I know that they are trying to make a living, too. Do they have to be so disrespectful and arrogant to make it? No. They do not.

Oh, and yes, I think Jonathon will go by himself next time . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment